Membership of Port Environment Centre
As a non-profit, incorporated organisation the Port Environment Centre (PEC) relies on a membership base to function effectively.
Show your support for the Port Environment Centre by becoming a member.
Share our ‘gathering place’, stay informed through our e-newsletter, connect with and support our local environment and attend our programs and events.
The Port Environment Centre Constitution requires that members apply as individuals and applications go to the Management Committee for approval.
All members must agree to support the Values and Objects of the Port Environment Centre, as outlined at the bottom of this webpage and be bound by the rules of the association.
Membership Fees and Categories
Member: an individual aged 16 years or older. Has the right to attend and vote at any General Meeting of the Association.
- $10 per person, per year (full) – one year $10 or two years $20
- $5 per person, per year (concession) – one year $5 or two years $10
Associate Member: an individual aged 12 up to 16 years. Has the right to attend, but not vote, at any General Meeting of the Association.
- Free – no membership fees
We invite you to join / renew for up to 2 years if possible.
Membership fees contribute to Centre events, including the AGM.
Please fill out the online membership form. Paper copies are available at Port Environment Centre.
Contact us if you have any questions regarding membership at email@example.com
HOW TO PAY
1. Electronic funds transfer
Account name: Port Environment Centre
BSB: 325 185
Account: 0379 8221
Please include your full name in the transactions details.
2. In person
Membership applications and payment can be accepted in person at Port Environment Centre during our opening hours.
The values of the Port Environment Centre are ecological awareness, environmental sustainability, social justice, equity, diversity and Reconciliation and these values govern the management of the Centre.
Informed by the values of the Port Environment Centre, and working from the Port Adelaide and local area, the objects of the Port Environment Centre are:
- To promote public interest, knowledge of and engagement in the environment and encourage and support community members to appreciate and protect the local environment
- To acknowledge and celebrate Kaurna and Aboriginal culture and connection to the natural environment and collaborate with local Aboriginal organisations and community members to share knowledge and practice
- To support the conservation and restoration of the coastal, marine and estuarine environment
- To provide information, community education, skill development and knowledge building towards conservation and restoration of the environment
- To support local volunteer environment groups and organisations with knowledge building, capacity enhancement and collaboration
- To provide a gathering and meeting place for environmental groups and organisations and facilitate opportunities for community members and organisations to be involved in environmental groups and activities
- To promote ecologically sustainable activities and development and support the community to live sustainably
- To work collaboratively with organisations and stakeholders towards sustainability and conservation and restoration of our natural environment
- To sponsor awards and/or prizes for activities promoting the appreciation, conservation and restoration of the environment.