The Port Environment Centre is a community driven organisation and 'gathering place' that supports the community in living sustainably, valuing, caring for, learning about and enjoying the experience of the natural coastal, marine and estuarine environment.
Thank you to everyone who completed our survey.
This community survey will form the basis for developing a project designed specifically to help people who work and live in the Port Adelaide Area to feel better connected with their local environment and the local community.
The survey closed COB Tuesday 20 April 2021 and the results are currently being reviewed.
A raffle was drawn 12 pm Wednesday 21 April 2021 for people who had completed the Survey^. The winner of the raffle was Amber, who has been advised and can collect her prize from the centre.
*This is a partnership project with the City of Port Adelaide Enfield.
UPDATE: January 2021 – The Port Environment Centre is now open Sundays.
Drop in and say hello. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 10 am – 3 pm;
Second Sunday of the Month 10 am – 2 pm.
Who we are
The Port Environment Centre is a place to meet like-minded individuals and learn more about the local environment, local environmental community groups and how to live more sustainably in your own home.
Come in to talk to us about the environment or sustainable living, find a book in our community library, or recycle your unusual items in our resource recovery station run by the Port Environment Centre Waste Advisory Group (PECWAG).
If you need a space to host an environment focused event or meeting, ask about hosting an event here.
There are so many great ways to get involved with many active local environmental community groups. We would love to help you get connected, so drop in for a chat, consider volunteering or attend one of our events.
Looking for opportunities to connect with nature?
Find out more at Our Environment.
Looking for ideas to be more sustainable at home?
Consider planting local native plants in your garden or on your balcony.
You can find these and other useful links on our Links and Resources page.
See what we’ve been up to since we opened in March 2019
The Port Environment Centre is proudly supported by
^Gift Hamper Terms and Conditions
By completing this survey and providing your contact details you are entering the draw to win a local gift hamper valued at roughly $100 and agreeing to the following terms and conditions.
- This lottery is being conducted by the Port Environment Centre, 27 North Parade, Port Adelaide, under the minor lottery rules for South Australia.
- The draw is open to anyone who completes our community survey between Wednesday 24 February 2021 and Tuesday 20 April 2021.
- The gift hamper contains items valued at roughly $100 from local environmentally friendly stores and organisations, including (but not limited to) True Hemp Culture, Bring Back the Butterflies, Banksia Tree Cafe, Drummer Boy Cafe, Port Adelaide Food Gardening and the People’s Market at Hart.
- The prize will be drawn at 12 pm on Wednesday 21 April 2021 at the Port Environment Centre. You are welcome to come to the centre on the day to be present at the draw.
- The winner will be contacted directly and their first name published here on the Port Environment Centre Website.
- The prize can be collected from the Port Environment Centre – 27 North Parade, Port Adelaide.